Alzheimer's disease accounts for 60-70 per cent of cases of dementia, but there are many other conditions that can cause symptoms of dementia. Approximately 50 million people are currently living with dementia worldwide.
- To engage, enable and empower people living with dementia and their caregivers
- Build a community of people affected by dementia that works together to advocate for improvements to the legal, health care and political systems
- To improve the quality of live for those living with dementia and their care partners
- To enhance public awareness of dementia and the lack of supports currently in place
- To enhance care quality and efficiency to lessen the undue burden on caregivers
- To expand resources and supports by engaging in conversations with policy makers